Therapeutic Models and Approaches
It is the responsibility of a good therapist to be skilled in a variety of therapeutic models and interventions and to work with each individual client to determine what approaches will work best for that person.
Laurie’s therapeutic “tool box” includes:
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Structural Dissociation Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Breath work
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Narrative techniques
Laurie tailors her approach to each client’s unique needs by incorporating elements of any or all of these techniques and therapeutic models.